Professional Electrical Engineer Tampa, FL
BS in Electrical Engineering
Candidates must have a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering and ten or more years of experience. Professional Engineer license is required. Knowledge of AutoCAD 3D, Civil 3D, and/or Revit is preferred. Excellent writing, organizational and communication skills will be essential. Candidates must be self-motivated and able to work well with others. Typical responsibilities include:
- Managing the electrical engineering discipline. This responsibility includes coordinating electrical project needs, assigning and tracking workload to electrical staff, and ensuring quality deliverables are meeting schedule.
- Provide technical planning, design, permitting, and construction support on various water utility projects that may include electrical engineering aspects of: collection systems, pump station, wastewater treatment, reclaimed water, water treatment, water distribution, and various other ancillary civil engineering projects.
- Prepare technical plans, specifications and reports for water resources projects inclusive of power supply, motor control, instrumentation and control, SCADA systems, arc flash studies, back up power, etc.
- Prepare engineering calculations and supporting analysis of alternatives
- Prepare design reports and construction plans using local and state standards
- Prepare construction plans using AutoCAD 3D, Civil 3D and Revit
- Review plans and specifications
- Prepare/assist with permit submittals
- Prepare preliminary project cost estimates and evaluate quantities
- Assist with/review scope, budget, and schedule of new project tasks
- Monitor task budget and progress
- Document design changes and communications
- Conduct on-site inspections as needed
- Prepare project status and other reports
- Assist in the preparation of proposals
- Assist Project Managers
- Attend client, public, project and staff meetings including client progress, plan review, preconstruction, etc.
- Maintain excellent client relations
- Maintain a safe working environment
Already have an account? Log in here