Wade Trim is committed to maximizing the value of infrastructure investments. We have been solving complex engineering challenges for nearly a century. We customize our work approach to fit each project using a collaborative, friendly style to deliver solutions our clients can stand behind.
Our national wet weather practice develops solutions to address wet weather flow management issues for utilities and communities that improve the environment and our infrastructure. We have managed wet weather programs and long-term CSO control planning for urban systems in Cleveland, Cincinnati, New York City, Detroit, Omaha, St. Louis, and Fort Worth. Our experience includes 20+ years of working in the Northeast Ohio region, advancing a long-term program to reduce pollution in Lake Erie, and helping local communities address wet weather issues, aging infrastructure, and flooding problems.
We are looking for a Design Manager to lead the planning, design, and construction of wet weather projects in the Northeast Ohio region. This individual will be committed to delivering quality work and leveraging Wade Trim's comprehensive expertise to address client challenges. Our local staff have a strong mix of technical expertise and the agility to work on a variety of project types and sizes. The Design Manager will lead our project teams and represent Wade Trim on larger, multi-firm projects as needed.
The candidate must be a licensed PE with a bachelor's degree in civil or environmental engineering and 10+ years of related experience. The candidate must be self-motivated, work well with others, and have excellent writing, organizational, and communication skills. Typical responsibilities include:
- Provide technical leadership to the planning, design, and construction on various wet weather projects that may include combined/sanitary sewer overflow, collection system, pump station, wastewater treatment plant, water, stormwater, green infrastructure, hydrologic and hydraulic models, and/or other projects
- Perform GIS analysis to support planning, design, and construction projects
- Prepare engineering calculations and supporting analysis of alternatives
- Prepare and evaluate wet weather control alternatives
- Prepare design reports and construction plans using local and state standards
- Review plans and specifications
- Prepare preliminary project cost estimates and evaluate quantities
- Assist with/review scope, budget, and schedule of new project tasks
- Document design changes and communications
- Conduct on-site inspections as needed
- Attend client, public, project, and staff meetings including client progress, plan review, pre-construction, etc.
- Maintain excellent client relations
- Maintain a safe working environment
Our supportive culture recognizes and strives to fulfill collective client, company, and individual needs. Mentoring and building skills of Wade Trim staff is a priority. Frequent interaction among staff is encouraged, company leadership is easily accessible, and opportunities are provided for staff to help shape the firm's future through strategic planning. Work/life balance is supported through a flexible, hybrid work schedule that brings team members together in the office at least two days a week and connects them virtually when working from home. Our office is located in the heart of downtown Cleveland near the Lake Erie shoreline, numerous sporting and entertainment venues, historic and theater districts, and restaurants.
To solve our clients' toughest challenges, we have devoted ourselves to delivering innovative solutions. Our Office of Applied Technology (OAT) is dedicated to seeking new technologies or ways to apply existing technologies to enhance value to our clients and positively impact communities. All staff are encouraged to share ideas and suggestions for innovative technologies or processes to adopt. This open-minded approach enables us to advance technology, foster innovation, and stay ahead of our clients' needs.
Wade Trim's success is shared by the employees that make it happen. Since our beginning, our firm has been 100% employee owned. This cultivates an ownership mindset that benefits our work approach, collaborative culture, and ability to deliver client solutions. We believe employee ownership drives the sustainability and growth of our firm and provides all our employees with opportunities for financial success.
Our excellent salary and benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long-term disability coverage, education reimbursement, 401(k), performance bonuses, and an employee stock program. Employee Resource Groups and Programs offered include the Young Professionals Group, Women at Wade Trim, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, Professional Development, Leadership Development, Rotation Program, Mentor Program, Sustainability Program, and Wellness Program.