Professional Bridge Engineer Flint, MI
Candidates must have a bachelor's degree in civil engineering with an emphasis on structural engineering, a minimum of twenty years of related structural design experience, a Michigan PE license and a current NHI Bridge Inspection certification. Familiarity with structural analysis and design software is essential while experience in preparing MDOT Local Agency bridge design packages is a plus. Software experience with AutoCAD, MicroStation, and Civil 3D as well as AASHTO and MDOT design standards are preferred. Excellent technical writing, organization and communication skills are essential. Candidates must be self-motivated and able to work well with others. A flexible hybrid-remote work schedule available after 90 days of employment. Other office locations are available for this position. Typical responsibilities include:
- Lead efforts in complex bridge design and management for our growing organization
- Lead efforts on proposals, marketing, project reports and technical presentations.
- Manage and design civil projects that include bridges, culverts, earth retaining structures and other underground structures along with miscellaneous infrastructure improvement designs.
- Interact with other civil engineering disciplines during design
- Prepare design reports and construction plans using local, state and federal standards.
- Prepare specifications and permit submittals
- Prepare project cost estimates and evaluate quantities
- Prepare project status and other reports
- Conduct bridge inspections and bridge scoping as needed
- Assist with/review scope, budget, and schedule of new project tasks.
- Review plans and specifications
- Monitor task budget and progress
- Document design changes and communications
- Participate in Professional Organizations to further visibility in the complex structural design industry
- Attend client, public, project and staff meetings including client progress, plan review, pre-construction, etc.
- Maintain excellent client relations
- Maintain a safe working environment
Already have an account? Log in here