Construction Engineer Taylor, MI
Candidates must have a bachelor's degree in civil engineering and at least three years of experience on MDOT construction projects. Excellent technical writing, organization and communication skills are essential. Candidates must also have a Professional Engineer License. Candidates must be self-motivated and able to work well with others. Typical responsibilities include:
- Manage and supervise construction staff including field engineers and inspectors
- Responsible for assisting and supporting business development and sales for Construction Engineering and Inspection (CEI) work with MDOT
- Responsible for assisting and supporting project proposal development including positioning, approach, preparation and pricing.
- Responsible for project execution including the management of project scope, schedule and budget.
- Manage resources to successfully deliver project to client on time and within budget while meeting or exceeding client expectations
- Provide expertise on constructability to project design teams
- Ensure field engineers and inspectors have knowledge, tools and proper safety equipment to complete tasks.
- Develop, foster and maintain lasting client relationships
- Participate in project review (QA/QC) meetings
- Develop and complete applications, permits and/or specifications as required.
- Develop project reports and technical presentations
- Attend client, staff and project meetings.
- Maintain a safe working environment
Already have an account? Log in here